Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Otto and I

 

I have seen several stories on TV which something bad happened in war and all involved and witnessed it and are still living avoid talking about it.  The latest that used that plot as a part of the story line is Will Trent.

When I was in the Navy I can only think of one incident of violence.

Four of us were going to Lakewood, NJ, to see a movie.  Otto and I were in the back seat.

I don’t remember why but Otto and I started rapidly slapping each other.

Whatever it was we got over it.  Otto was in the Philadelphia Navy Hospital part of the time I was there.  We were on different floors (pardon me, I mean “decks”) but visited each other daily.  We watch TV together.  I remember Otto liked TV shows like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

Otto was from Massachusetts.

No comments: