Monday, May 27, 2024

Federal Holidays too Commercial?

 

Kroger Shopping Today

As we entered Kroger’s today we saw McKinzie. a young lady Kroger’s clerk , bringing in shopping carts from the parking lot.  It was the first time we have seen her in a couple of months.  We have been friends with her for probably over a year.  She knows our shopping habits better than we do.  I told her my sister Frances died.  It shocked her.  She almost cried.

Being that it is Veteran’s Day, the Krogers’ cashier asked was I a Veteran.  Indeed, I am!  We got a 10% Discount.

On the way home on the radio some political expert was talking about how National Holidays have become too commercial – he said for instance Presidents Day Sales, and so on.  I agreed with him until I remember edour 10% discount for shopping at Kroger’s on Memorial Day.

No comments: