Friday, November 24, 2023

Poor Joe

 

Today in the grocery store I saw a lady rhat recognized me immediately but I did not do likewise until she told me who her ex-brother-in-law is.  Then I recognized her and we had a nice talk.  We live only a block away from each other.

I worked with  Joe, her ex-brother-in-law.  Joe was deaf.  Joe and her sister had three children.  In 1986 Joe’s wife had a wreck with all three children in the car.  The three children were killed in the wreck.

Joe was deeply disturbed and in time divorced his wife.

After that I think Joe wanted to be alone.  He bought a lot of land in the mountains of North Georgia.  On time off he and his dog would drive to his raw untouched land and spend a night or two.  He slept in his locked vehicle and  his dog was tied to a rope outside.

One morning he found his dog dead,  mauled and still tied to he rope.  It is believed a bear got ahold of Joe’s dog ripped him to shreds.   The dog was probably  parking, but of course, Joe could not hear the warning or crying for help. 

Rumor was that Joe joined a motorcycle  gang and moved to Florida with them.

Joe used to be very witty and he was always very insightful.  He shared and pointed out things about certain people that I did not see until he sign-language told me.

I did not know sign language so when  we communicated it was something like Harpo Marx.

No comments: