Saturday, March 08, 2008

Unintended Bait



What is so hot about my blog’s July 2007 Archive?

I looked over it and I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. It seems I mostly talked about Willow who was new then but I talked about other things too, but not anything real exciting. Then I think I discovered the reason why. One title compared Willow’s black sleek coat to that of a Black Panther’s. I wonder if the people were searching for scandalous or praiseworthy stuff on the militant Black Panther organization?

The reason I asked, the counter, as of two days ago started showing when people visited what they went for – just what ever they see on the first page or draw up something out of the archives. July 2007 was hit more than anything else, and secondly was my little thing about Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, two apparently mentally challenged orphaned brothers in their early 20s.

The searchers for Dee and Dum were more international. They were mostly from European countries.

I got a feeling the searchers for Dee and Dum and The Black Panther were disappointed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy the fame. One time a lady from the Washington Post linked to me and i got 1,200 hits in 36 hours. Boo-yaw!

Eddie said...

Steve,
1200 hits in 36 hours? Darn. If I got that many in 36 hours I think I would feel I could retire from blogging.

Anonymous said...

In Byron I once took 1200 hits in 36 hours but then the rock bands stopped playing and everybody went home.

Eddie said...

One time I dodged about 1200 hits. Boy, could I run back then!

Jean Campbell said...

The zingers that bring the most hits to my blogs are 'Rabbit Tobacco' 'How to Hem Blue Jeans' and 'Pride of Barbados' (a tropical flower).

They only bring an occasional hit.

Jean Campbell said...

Oh, I forgot about my blog with the crop duster plane photos -- it was linked without comment from some ag site. It was very popular for a while until they figured out it was from a grandma standing in the backyard snapping pics as the plane made its turns.

I need to get some photos of the little yellow plane with the jet engine that comes low over our house on his way someplace.

I never have a camera out there when something interesting flies by, like the huge yellow swallowtail butterfly I saw yesterday. There will be more, soon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I was mixed up. Maybe I was thinking about the Duane Bobick- Ken Norton Fight in 1977 when Norton got 1200 hits on Bobick in 36 seconds.

http://www.boxing-monthly.co.uk/content/0711/three.htm

Eddie said...

Jean,
I remember your crop duster plane episode. It reminded me of the time I was driving through Greene County, Arkansas, and saw a young man crop dusting - he had to be young because he was taking chances only the young and foolish can get away with. He was doing flips, loop-te-loops and so on. And when he got bored, he dusted some more crops.