Friday, March 21, 2008

UN Stained-Glass Memorial by Cargall


Here is a stained-glass window in the United Nations. It is by Marc Chagall. I remember seeing it when we visited there in the early 70s. We were so impressed with it we bought a postcard of it.

See all the little human-like figures floating around, some with hind legs of four legged mammals? And a nun-like figure in deep thought>

I think I know what it all means. No, I don’t think it means “World Peace and Brotherhood”

See the angels?

It can only mean one thing: “World Domination Through Religion.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stained glass is amazing. The human-like figures and the angels are very beautiful. I think both the meanings are right. Thanks for sharing this wonderful postcard with us.

Eddie said...

Stained glass,
I'm glad you enjoyed it.