Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!


And a top of the morning to ya! I say as I toast you with my green coffee.

In this part of the U.S. Savannah has a big Saint Patrick’s Day Celebration. I never been there on March the 17th, but I hear they put something in the Savannah River that makes it green and everybody has a drinking good time with a huge parade.

I remember my late friend Bubba Johnson, after he reach adulthood used to go by train to Savannah every year for the celebration. The party started as soon as the train pulled away from, well, whatever a train pulls away from.

I am going to do my part for the cause and have a corn beef sandwich and maybe potato chips for lunch.

Go find yourself a 4-Leaf Clover and have some good luck. Maybe it is a good day for to play the lottery - maybe we will all win!!

6 comments:

kenju said...

I can't say top o the morning since it is afternoon.....LOL...but erin go bragh, or something.

Raleigh has the 2nd biggest parade after Savannah. 4,000 people marched on Sat. here, but we didn't go because rain was predicted. They were wrong, it was gorgeous.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Well, Top o the afternoon to ya then.

I didn't know Raleigh had a big St Patrick's Day celebration. Learn something new everyday.

Deborah Wilson said...

Baw - haw- haw!
What a great picture!

I hope everyone is having a good St. Patrick's Day -

But for me today, I had sweet ice tea and chicken - on the run.

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Well, I hope you had a great Saint Patty's Day while running.

I wasn't on the run, but wished I was. I cleaned windows and washed bird feeders.

Si's blog said...

We went to Savannah the day after St. Patrick's one time. I can tell you what they put into the river. And all over the streets. Piss and vomit. Needless to say, the BW and I did not participate in the St. Patrick's Day festivities there.

Eddie said...

Si,
So the river was pee-green? Yuk yuk.