Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Todd & Jimmy Pat

 


In a previous rambling I wrote that my parents sold the house to Todd and the deal maker was my hand-made clippings plaster to the wall. And a few years later he found himself in prison for molesting a little boy.
Wait! There is more!
The only time I came face to face to Todd when he toured our house and liked my wall stuff. But I knew of him.
My late friend Van Callaway’s aunt lived in Pine Forest. She had Todd as a boarder. Vann thought Todd was a strange bird. He loved some kind pickle fish. His aunt did not like the way her apartment smelled like fish when he ate it straight from the jar. She made a rule saying eating pickled fish straight out of the jar was forbidden. Therefore, he ate his pickled fish sitting in his car a lot.
Then a year or so after he bought ou house Jimmy Pat P visited him. I’m not sure how this came about. I speculated Jimmy P might not have known we moved and went to visit me and met Todd. Or I think it is more likely that he found out about Todd through his neighbor Van Callaway. They both lived on Phillips Drive with only one house separating them and they were fiends.
Jimmy P said he visited Todd twice. On one visit Todd showed Jimmy his military patches collection. He had all kinds of military patches. And Jimmy said Todd asked him did he want any of his patches and he picked out some.
He did not mention if he had to “earn” those patches or not.
But he said when he got across the street on the property of Larry Bell Park with Todd watching from his front porch steps, Jimmy hollowing and singing and throwing down the patches he had just given Jimmy P and dance on them and laughing.
I think that was Jimmy’s last visit with Todd.
All is well that ends well.

No comments: