Saturday, April 13, 2024

Atlanta Crackers Stadium

 

I went to the Atlanta Crackers Stadium at least 3 times. Twice with my Little League team Southern Discount and once with my Scout Troop of Maple Avenue Methodist Church.  With the scouts I think several of us sfrayed off and did not keep up with the game.  I remember Jimmy Pat Pressly and I was more concerned of making jingles commercials for TV.  The only one I remember was:  “Smoke
Tampa Nugget Cigars – Llllaaaahhh”.  On going with my Little League team Southern Discount with coaches Romeo Huggins and Pepper Martin* was we were there to play.  We were in the Playoffs.  We were losing.  It was the last inning the score was something like 20 to 0 with only one batter left.  Romeo told me to go in and bat.  It was the first time I had ever officially played in a game.  I was struck out without even swinging the bat.

*Pepper Martin had an evening radio show on WFOM “DINNER MUSIC WITH PEPPER.”  A collection of smooth easy listening music.  Years later Pepper Martin’s son was my son’s music teacher and band leader at Sprayberry High School.


No comments: