Monday, August 03, 2015

Time is Money




Last Wednesday we hired a local moving company to move some furniture from one house to two other houses.   It was understood that the amount the moving company would charge would be the based on the time they spent with us.
So, time was money.

A crew of three men came with a moving van and efficiently and detailed, wrapped up the furniture.  They were all very professionally and polite.... and mostly speedy, every movement counted.

I said "mostly".  One guy was very nice but also very talkative.  He was a native Mariettan and loved to talk sports and local stuff, like who was related to whom.... but it is hard to talk and work efficiently at the same time, and the time is money element had me  smiling, nodding, and backing out the room he was talking in more than once.
We did not connect the dots but I think the talkative worker    niece or sister and I were co-workers, and before that, his Daddy or uncle was my boss for a short time, and either his grandmother or great grandmother was probably my aunt's maid.

I would have love to discuss all the connections we might have had but economically it was not wise.  time is money.

Speaking of money, the same guy said, while making a piece of furniture well packed and shock proof said, "I always take good care of my customers and they take good care of me."... how's that for a hint for a fat tip?

No comments: