Saturday, August 08, 2015

Clarence Robinson Died










Clarence Robinson died  Thursday.  Pictured of Clarence and Monty Calhoun talking at the 2013 Varner Reunion.  I remember Clarence Robinson well.  He was a plains clothes  detective with the Marietta Police Force.  Every time I saw him he always had a big ear to ear smile on his face.   He talked about my Dad and his bothers many times to me.  He knew them well.

I  remember in high school one time the school officials asked Clarence to give us senior boys a talk about underage drinking. and probably the hardships and bad judgments that go along with underage drinking.  We would  be graduating soon and there would be a of parties.   I think it was either a volunteer  thing of who went or maybe the officials hand selected who they thought needed the talk.  Only about a dozen of us went to Clarence's talk.

His talk was not the hardships and bad things that can happen with underage drinking .  He told us the best remedies for curing hangovers.


He will leave a vacuum and will be missed.  He was a great guy.

No comments: