Sunday, August 16, 2015

Frances Hunter's Hospital Progress Report





Frances Hunter Hospital Report:   Frances was operated on her back Thursday.   After she got her feeling back she realized she could not move her right leg or had any feeling in the toes of that foot.  The next day, Friday, they did an E.K.G. and other tests.  They determined a little screw that was placed during her operation was blocking a nerve which controlled her right foot. 

Saturday morning they went back in to correct the screw problem.  Did they or didn't they correct it?   It is too early to tell.  Her foot and leg has a little feeling back but not 100%.  They said she will have to have physical therapy on her leg and foot in addition to physical therapy for her back.

A little interesting side note:  Today we went to see her.  Waiting on the elevator was a lady probably in her 40s with short shorts on, a old geezer in a wheel chair and pushing him was his middle age daughter.  The old geezer looked the woman in shorts up and down and said, "If you are going to get in the elevator with me you better behave yourself!"  She laugh.
He added wickedly:  "Don't do anything I wouldn't do?"
His daughter rolled her eyes.
He pointed to his daughter with his nose and said, "That's my daughter, if she wasn't here we could have some fun."
More laughter and one "Dad!"
He went on to say, "I used to show women some good times, but I think most of that is behind me now."  I immediately wondered was the daughter legitimate.

Back to Frances room:  Frances first said to me: "You will never guess who visited me today?"  With that warning I gave up without trying.  She said our cousin Anthony and his new wife visited.  She was right, I would have never guess him.

Frances had a physical therapy session  and I think she was proud  walking for the first time since the operation.
She has lost her appetite and just can't eat the hospital food.

We don't know when she will be transfer to a physical therapy  caretaker for a week or two, if any.  

No comments: