Sunday, August 02, 2015

Marie's Postcards, Harahan Bridge Over the Mississippi in Memphis


click to enlarge





Marie's Postcards:  This card says on the front:  "Harahan Bridge at West Memphis, Tennessee, crossing the Mississippi River." 
I thought West Memphis was in Arkansas. 

Either way, one time I crossed that bridge, or its replacement , in the 1990s, when I went to Jonesboro, Green County, Arkansas, searching for my g-g-grandfather Jason H. Hunter's  grave.  I found his youngest son's and his family's  graves, but not Jason's.


You may remember Jonesboro, Arkansas, in the news a couple years before I visited.  A lone sniper hid in the woods near a school and shot kids playing on the playground.  The nation was shocked, but nothing was changed just like other times a gunman goes on  a shooting spree killing innocent people. 

No comments: