Friday, August 14, 2015

Maybe not a Success Afterall

( This is in reference to the title of the last post)



I visited my sister Frances in the hospital this morning.  She had a back operation yesterday.  She told me she cannot move one foot, right one I think,  and the toes of that foot has no feeling.   I asked her did she tell someone and she said the doctor that operated is aware of it... they ran an E.K.G.   He said they might have put something back in wrong.   I thought he was joking.
Then  a female doctor came in and addressed Frances as "Mrs Westbrook" and went over her medicines, to see if any medicine she is taking might be the problem.... it wasn't.  After she left I said, "Mrs. Westbrook?"
She said she noticed that too.  It should have been "Miss Hunter."
Maybe the other doctor wasn't joking after all.
This evening Frances called  and said they are going to operate again tomorrow morning.  A little screw is pressing against the nerve is the reason she can't lift her leg or have feelings in her toes of that foot.  They were not clear at if is a screw unattached or a loose screw, should it be there or not?
Back to the Surgery Waiting Room tomorrow morning.   I found a good spot that I can watch TV, charge my electronic stuff, and keep an eye on the monitor that tells the patients' status.  My new hangout.


No comments: