Tuesday, August 04, 2015

THE SKILLET LICKERS IN CANTON





Last night we went to the Canton Theater in Canton to see The History of Country Music Through the Eyes of THE SKILLET LICKERS.

Six blue grass musician gave us a concentrated two hour music lesson on the history of "Country Music Down Yonder"
It was very good,  like a presentation and examples with humor.


Click here!  To read what Wickipedia said bout the SKILLET LICKERS.


The present Skillet licker Musicians live around  Dacula and Winder Georgia. 

I was somewhat amused how many of relatives were in the audience.   I bet at least half of the audience were their kin.  I dare not bend over and tell Anna a humorous observation I made of somebody in the audience, their mother or brother might be sitting behind me., and want to give me a good whipping.

THE LICKSKILLET band will be playing at Cumming Playhouse SMOKE ON THE MOUNTAIN 16 times.









No comments: