Monday, July 31, 2006

Sphincter



I am old enough to be on Medicare, which I am. I probably have a failing (or it has already failed) brain. My brain needs all the exercise it can get.

I read someplace that to learn a-word-a-day and use that word at least once that day is good brain exercise.

Today I learned the word “sphincter” which the dictionary tells me it is an annular muscle surrounding and able to contract or close a bodily opening.

If I translate that right, a sphincter is the “O” ring of your ass-hole.

So, now, how to use it in a conversation, besides defining it or asking what it is… that was quiet a challenge until I saw something on the news about the Whitehouse.

You might say we presently have a sphincter presidency.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Eddie, the muscle around our mouths is also a sphincter - so that might make it easier for you to work into a conversation...LOL

Glad I could teach you something new, you old dog!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Who says you can't treat an old dog new tricks?

Anonymous said...

No, Eddie, our Veep is not a "sphincter," he is a "Dick."

Eddie said...

Steve,
Yes, You are a right. A dick cannot also be a sphincter.

Anonymous said...

Seems like you'd know better- most people are liberals while they're young & foolish (stupid).....conservative (smart) after they put in some time in this world.