Wednesday, July 26, 2006

North Georgia Mountains - again

This morning in a couple of hours I will be driving to the North Georgia Mountain. When I get to Blairsville I will meet about 60 other people I graduated with in 1960 and we will line our vehicles up in a caravan and go the North Georgia Mountain Fair where we intend to be part of the audience of the scheduled Billy Joe Royal (Down In The Boondocks) concert. Billy Joe is also an ex-schoolmate friend of ours.

I have never been to a high school reunion, so this is my weak attempt to rectify that.

Some of the people I will see today I haven't seen in about 46 years. This may be very traumatic. Oh me, what did I get myself into?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have fun! I haven't attended one of mine either. Of course the only person I ever run into from school is the one that see's everybody else all the time and keeps everyone informed of the other's business, looks, weight, hair color, general address, and how many times divorced, remarried, # of kids, arrests, etc, etc, etc. So I've never felt the need to go. Kind of takes the mystery out of it, lol!!

kenju said...

You will end up being sorry you didn't go to a reunion before - trust me!!

Bring back photos!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
You are right, it does kind of take the mystery out of things. And, like you, I already have informants, several of them, who knows all and sees all and will to tell all.

Judy,
When I told a friend, from the same school, who graduated a year before I did said this will not be the same as a real reunion. He said, only the party-type would go to something like we had yesterday. The more sophisticated and quiet type would go to a real reunion.
Who knows?
Since only a hand full showed up I don't really think I have been to a reunion.