Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Biking on Sidewalks on Election Day

I just went on a 40 minute bike ride. It is nice in the morning before the heat from the sun gets blasting. My heart rate stayed in the117 to 120 range which is good. On my MP3 player I listened first to Switched on Bach which is played electronically on something called a Moog… which makes Bach spacier than it already is. Then Bach Charlie Byrd kicked in with his relaxing music from an album called “Brazilian Byrd” – which I remember the album had a parrot on it.

Today is election day. I passed two polling places. One was at a school far off the road, which I didn’t pay much attention to, I was in La La Land with my music. But the second polling place, a church, made me sit up and be more aware of my surroundings. Mostly because there were two policemen directing traffic for those who wanted to turn into the church’s parking lot to vote. Will they say something to me? I wondered as got closer to them. My biggest problem was the fact that I wasn’t suppose to be on the sidewalk on a bicycle. By Georgia law a bike is just like any other vehicle, it is suppose to be on the street, not on the sidewalk.

As I got closer I saw that one of the cops was a female cop. That could go either way, either female cops have a heart or are very aggressive against lawbreakers.

As I passed them the two cops were talking closely to themselves and laughing. I didn’t get their attention at all.

I noticed cops usually wave at me when they see me riding on the sidewalk. So, I think they had rather see me on the sidewalk then scraping me off the asphalt of the street.

And besides that I am courteous. If a pedestrian and I meet I will stop and use that moment to drink some water and let the old fart waddle on by. Then I will be on my way.

I have already voted by absenteeism. I heard on the news this morning there had been so much negative campaigning many people have more or less turned off to both Democratic governor candidates. That is the way I feel too. I voted too soon - Can I recall my vote?

Very close to the polls I noticed was Ralph Reed posters. By law posters and politicking can not be within a certain number of feet of the election polls, which I bet Ralph Reed broke the law. Is he excused because he has an innocent look about him?

Bringing up that point – I think Ralph Reed is crooked as a snake and twice as deadly – and I think he gets a lot of the Christian grass roots votes because of his innocent boy look – he can get by with more.

If you noticed, I don't like Ralph Reed so I point out that he is breaking the law, while I am breaking a law also. How's that for fairness?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run his ass over if you get a chance. God I hope Cagle beats him and if he doesn’t I am so going to work my butt off to beat Reed!

Don’t feel bad about voting for CC, if she is nominated or Mark Taylor either will get my vote, because I am not voting for the Libertarian in the race.

Eddie said...

I don't blame any one for wanting to vote for a Libertarian - or even an Liberian. But I do think it would be a wasted vote most of the time that you could get have used to get your second best choice in.
I am beginning to think Ralph Nader is a Republican Trojan Horse. Every presidential election I think he takes enough votes from the Democratic president-elect, which would other-wise get the DPE elected... so how ironic is that, the Republicans' win-fall comes delivered from the far-left?

Michael Bains said...

Libertarians lose on Taxes, if you ask me. Nader on lack of marketing.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a wasted vote. Crazy S.O.B.s... I'd register as Libertarian if NO taxes weren't an express core of the Party platform.

Eddie said...

Michael,
I think taxes are a needed evil to pay for all those services such as defense, education, etc.

Suzanne said...

I heard that Ralph Reed has actually lost a lot of his stranglehold on power, at least in DC, due to the lobbyist scandal with Abramoff. (Or Abrams? How quickly I forget these things.) So I am glad for that.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I am glad people are catching on the Ralph Reed too. The rat.
But he does look innocent like an angel doesn't he?