Friday, June 12, 2020

True Dialog at the Eye-Doctor's Office





True dialog in Eye Doctors’ Office today.
Technician filing out form: Any new illnesses since last year?
Me: I’m 78, what do you think? I just can’t think of it now.
Tech guessed a few and missed.
Me: It is something whatzhisname Fox is a spokesman for.
Tech: Jamie Fox:
Me: No he played a white young Republican-like yuppie who lived with his parents. Michael Fox! Wait! I GOT IT! PARKINGSONS DISEASE.
Technician: So you have Parkinson’s Disease?
Me? Who knows? I went to a neurologist because I am becoming forgetful and not remembering names, he gave me a few verbal tests and said my memory was OK but I show traits of Parkinson’s Disease, like trembling of my fingers and dragging my shoes. I told him I always drug my feet, that’s me. So, he arranged for me to take an MRI then then the epidemic came which my appointment had to be cancelled, which knocked me off course for about 2 months or so, which I just had the MRI Monday, so the fact that I can not remember what the disease is kinds of tells you I am losing my memory doesn’t it?
About one hour later the eye doctor recommends cataract surgery. We asked where it would be. The doctor told me where the operation would be.
I knew the place. That was Doctor Barnette’s home, until he died and his heirs sold the property. Dr. Barnette is my friend Sam’s uncle.
I told the eye doctor the place is haunted.
Doctor: Haunted?
Me: Many years ago Doctor Barnette’s daughter was ran over by a car. She haunts the house. One time my friend Sam was at their house at a 4th of July pool party and went up stairs to use the bathroom. He went into the bathroom on the 2nd level overlooking the pool. In the bath tub was an inflated beach ball being tossed and kicked around by an invisible force.
The Eye Doctor said his staff will get a kick out of that.
Me: And also I have heard that the electronic equipment there goes crazy for no apparent reason.
The doctor, laughing, said, “That’s even better!”




Like

Comment
Share

No comments: