Saturday, June 20, 2020

Bell Reunion 2008


Larry Bell Park hosted a lot of activities.  Baseball, number one, also wrestling, boxing, swimming, tennis, and even pool & billiards.  From all these activities life long friendships were created.  And for a while, maybe a dozen years or so, we had annual reunions to well, reunite memories.

The late Bill Rampey had a pilot TV show on called SOUTHERN COMFORT.  It was articles celebrating the south.  The one I remember was hand catching giant catfish in he muddy banks of the Tennessee River..  His untimely death ended all that.


Charles Dawson was the life guard at the bll swimming pool.  I was a preteen when I hung out at the pool.  He recognized me and called me by name. 

C.W. Connors.  C.W. moved to a mountain in north Georgia and because a well known folk artist.

David Green


Dan Wallace.  We were in the same Boy Scout Troop (132)


The late Don Rhymer


on the very bottom right, my sister Frances


Frank Owenby.  Frank's is part of the Owenby Mfg Co.  I'm sure he is wealthy.  Once I saw him at K-Mark pushing speeding recklessly a shopping cart to be one of the first for a Blue Light Special. 

Gene Groover, retired Georgia State Patrol


Right, Heath Armfield

Heath's brother Horace Armfield.

Ivanell, Paul Roper, and the late Arnold Guest


The late James Caudell

Larry and Betty White.  Larry and I are not related cousins, although we have some of the same first cousins.

Omar and Joyce Owens.  They were our neighbors until about a few years ago thy moved to another Georgia town about 60 miles away to be closed to their grandchildren.


The late Arnold Parish.



Pat Frasure.  Pat and I are not related the same way Larry White and I are not related, sort of, except Pat is Larry's aunt.


Sandy Ramsey.  Sandy taught me how to do the twist.


Sheila Wester Tucker and David Green.  I saw Sheila and her husband Hugh in a doctors' waiting room recently.  Although, we had on masks, I knew it was them because Sheila told the receptionist their names.


The late Terry Townsend.


Tom Stokes.  We were in the same Boy Scout Troop

No comments: