Saturday, June 27, 2020

Jean Sephard and Me






Years ago, 1963 to 1965, my Navy time, I spent many nights listening to late nigh radio, in particular Jean Shepherd.    Jean talked and talked about his childhood and other adventures of “what fine messes” he got himself into.  When he couldn’t think of anything else to say, he pulled out his kazoo and played it.

I admired the way he reached for down in his memory and told an exciting adventure.

“I could do that!” I mused. 

But I reminded myself, “But I don’t know how to play a kazoos when I run out of things to talk about”.

I like MAD and its creators and other things.

So, MAD, its creators, and other things can be my kazoo.

However, I also like family research, so genealogy is a good way to toot my kazoo too.

You might be saying, "Look, a rookie  blogger trying to find his style."  Well, actually I have  been blogging daily since 2006.  I have about 9000 posts already posted.  My visitors have been as high as 1400 a day to what it is now, between 35 and 140 a day.  Well, this is better in a way, it is more interment.  Not so, I am an impersonal kind of person, the more the better the ego.  So, watch me change, slowly.

By the way, we are beginning to remodel, so this blog, as mentioned before, will be irregular - just like the marked down clothes I buy. 

By the way, you may know or not know Jean Sepherd  wrote the movie A CHRISTMAS STORY.


No comments: