Thursday, June 04, 2020

Buying Stuff at Lowe's






I went to Lowe’s this morning to buy a frig water filter and a new hose for the front yard.  It was sort of crowded, so I parked almost as far as I could from the store to get a little walking exercise and clicked on my watch to measure just how far I walked.

After I got what I came for I walked the perimeter of the store inside, just curious and to get a little exercise I walked around a bit looking at items I was interested in and then went to the cashier and got in line.  Of course, I to stand on a six foot mark, it is the 3rd six foot mark.  After me two people came and had a squabble who one which was directly behind me.  So, one of them walked up front and demanded they open another register, which they did.  And I was the first one to use the newly arrived cashier.

It was interesting watching the three people behind me, all with masks, having a heated argument.  Well, I was smirking under my mask.

The main reason I use Lowe’s is their discount for veterans.  I asked or it, and the cashier gave it to me and thanked me for my service.  I almost choked up.  I always do that when someone sincerely thanks me for my service.

I took the stuff to my car and stopped my watch measuring the length.  It said I walked .79 mile. Almost .8. 

Over half of the .79 mile was used in the parking lot.  I couldn’t find my truck for a while, I forgot where I parked.  Getting old and forgetfulness is not for sissies.

No comments: