Thursday, October 16, 2008

What a Difference a Frame Makes




One more thing about our over night trip:

At the Ray Reunion a very nice lady named Nancy said she had a gift for me. It was this tin-type (above) of my great grandfather William A. Hunter. I scanned the picture in the paper frame that came with it and then I took it out of the paper frame and scanned it again.

See the difference?

Without the frame he looks like a lonely old man sitting in the dark.

William died in 1928. I didn’t know they made tin-types that late. But it is definitely a tin-type, I could probably use it to shave.

That is not the only elderly William A. Hunter given me lately. A long-lost distant cousin Christie found me on my blog and we have shared Hunter information and she gave me the below picture – which was probably taken the same year – 1928.

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking: “I’m glad he didn’t go a whole week, it would take months for him to relive it all.”

No comments: