Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Giddyup


Here is a picture at the Ray Researchers Reunion on a table with some other pictures. I think it is of John Frank Ray, lawyer and state representative and my great grandmother, Emaline Ray Hunter/Trammell's brother.

I used my digital camera - the picture also had other things in it that were on the table. So, with the ole' crop button I chiseled away on all four sides until I eliminated all that was unnecessary.

I should have used the scanner that was available... but I didn't.

I think it is a pretty neat picture. Surreys were common modes of transportation back in the late 1800s, but you just don't see many relatives of times gone by sitting in them.

4 comments:

kenju said...

That's a very neat photo, Eddie. I have some old ones, as you know, but none like that!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Did you notice the mud on the wheels?
What, no pavement?

Deborah Wilson said...

Good picture, Eddie - a classic. But hey, there's an old saying that goes, "What is old will become new". One day soon, people might be riding around in those things again. At least now we have pavement.....Still won't solve the problem of horse pooh....lol

Imagine ladies with long dresses having to cross muddy streets with horse pooh everywhere!

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Oh, I don't know - we might already be used to it and not know it. There is politicians' B.S. all over the place now.