Friday, October 17, 2008

Plans? Why Bother?


It seems every time I plan something –something else with more priority pops up. I think the Supreme Being enjoys putting little stumbling blocks in my way – just for kicks.

Yesterday I took my mother-in-law to the doctor. Afterwards, I had plans of dropping by Krogers and buying a couple of items before going home. I also planned when I arrived home to have a bowl of gumbo soup doused with James Brown Hot Sauce. My mouth was watering just thinking about it.

Just before leaving to pick up my mother-in-law Jason the kitchen cabinet carpenter called and said he was ready to drop by and finish up – would I be home. I told him I was taking my mother-in-law to the doctor but I would hurry back and we agreed I was call him on the cell phone while driving back so he could be there just about as soon as I arrived home to get back to work.

Well, there goes the items at Krogers… no big deal, the carpentry is a priority.

And there went my gumbo. I couldn’t prepare it in the kitchen while Jason the carpenter was there.

No problem, I thought, I could still have something spicy, I would ride by McDonald’s and get a spicy chicken sandwich. This time I’ll try out the one on Canton Highway because I was nearer that one. The other McDonald’s closer to me has messed up my order more than once.

As I was riding down Canton Highway on my way to McDonald’s I noticed a helicopter high in the sky hovering in the same place about three quarters of a mile ahead of me. As I got closer I could why the helicopter was there. It was a TV news helicopter. In front of McDonald’s were about six or eight police cars turned every which way and they all had their blue lights flashing. They were directing the traffic to turn around.

I don’t know what was going on – but I did know not to make any more plans for lunch that day.

6 comments:

kenju said...

I think maybe you weren't supposed to have spicy food!!

Bhob said...

You should try getting a spicy chicken chalupa. No luck there either!

See Optimus Prime Refused Service.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Maybe that is it - HE was trying to tell me something.

Bhob,
Spicy chicken Chalupa? Thanks - I'll check out the link.

Eddie said...

Bhob,

spicy chicken chalupa! Now, I remember the name. That is the same that order that they can never get right. If I order a spicy chicken with chalupa sauce I get a spicy chicken sandwich wrap, or a spicy chicken sandwich with ranch dressing sauce. Each time it seemed they would get more creative - and I didn't even have to wear a mask.

Si's blog said...

Life is what happens despite the best laid plans. Someone said that soemwhere. If not, put it down in your book of whitty sayings.

Eddie said...

Si,
Once I read or heard something like this:
Want to get a chuckle out of God? Tell him your plans.