Saturday, March 24, 2007

Slopes BBQ again


Yesterday we went shopping in Roswell and rode by the original Slopes Barbecue. Cars were in the parking lot and they looked like they were doing a fine business. We went in and had dinner for old time sakes. And, if we could work it in, complain about the closing of their Woodstock restaurant.

The cashier, a lady at the elderly lady at the cashier carefully listens to you as you give your order, then over her glasses she eyes balls you as she tells you how much money you owe her. As we were pulling out our money we asked her why they closed down the Slopes Barbecue in Woodstock. In so many words she said, “Wait a minute! That wasn’t us! That was a place we franchised out.” With us still in focused over with her glasses below her eyes. She sort of reminded me of the no-nonsense lady in the Office Max commercial.

I think she is the wife of the owner of Slopes Barbecue.

The owner was busy hawking samples out in the dinning room. He came by twice handing out tasty biscuits and once handing out ribs. The two sample ribs were delicious. I asked him did he have a store in Marietta (I heard that he did). He said no, he had one in Roswell, (where we were), Alpharetta, and they are building places in Cartersville and Cumming, and maybe Acworth.

Just to watch his expression I should have asked him how do you get to the one in Roswell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post is making me hungry, and by the way, speaking of hungry, freakin' blogger just ate my "island hopping in ww2" post.

damn blogger

Eddie said...

I just looked. I don't see your "island hopping in ww2" post.

Anonymous said...

I worked in the one in Woodstock and now, since it closed, i work in the new one rstaurant in Cumming.

Anonymous said...

The Cumming store is by far the cleanest and friendliest. I always feel welcome and have great service. The food is very good and the price is hard to beat. The decor is eclectic but classy. Interesting pictures....

Eddie said...

We ate at that one once. It is the one on McFarland Rd - right?

It was good.

We ate at Spice Right BBQ Ribs in Roswell tonight and I really liked it - no decor, just good food.