Friday, March 09, 2007

Goodness Is Bad For The Neighborhood


Every time I drive by this house I always look at it as good as I can while whizzing by. A day or two ago while riding my bike I stopped in front of the house and looked as long as I wanted and even took a picture (it will last longer).

A couple of years ago there was an article in the paper about the house. The house is a haven for the homeless and drifters. The owner inherited a few millions dollars and the house. He opened the doors for anybody who has no place to go.

He has a heart of gold.

I remember the article said it has a large number of bedrooms, maybe something like 30. And you can tell, if you get close enough, the house has many add-ons.

The house is painted yellow and at night is usually lit up, like a beacon for the homeless.

If this house was in the center of Marietta you would probably hear nothing but good about the man who owns and runs it. The house is not in downtown Marietta. It is out in the rolling hills rural area with expensive upper middle class houses near by. The house is on the edge of a lake. Sharing the lake front property, across the way, are the upper income houses. They are not real happy with the situation and have tried to prevent the man doing good and sharing his wealth.

So far the man is winning. But someday, I think the commissioners or a judge will be bought off and shoo away the man and his establishment. Money talks.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Oh, indeed it does. It will be too bad when that happens.

Button Gwinnett said...

God bless him. This is where people complaining about what he's doing (many of them self-professed Christians I am sure) need to ask themselves WWJD?

Eddie said...

Judy,
It will happen as sure as the wind blows.

Button,
I think they have convinced themselves J would be a property value man too, if He was walking around today.

Suzanne said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing that he does that. I'm surprised that he has gotten away with it this long.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Me too!