Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Rich Get Richer


I heard earlier this evening on the news that Circuit City is laying off a very big chunk of its work force. Or I am not sure “laying off” is the right word. Could you call it “down sizing”?
No, I don’t think so. They still need approximately the same amount of employees as they have now.

They just don’t want to pay them as much as they are presently getting.

So, they are letting the employees go then turning around hiring people at a much lower rate. Employees that was let go will be welcome to fill out a new application – for a lower salary of course.

I bet the person who planned this gets a very nice bonus idea of saving money, and I bet the monetarily gratitude will roll in a snowball effect upwards all they way to the C.E.O.

That is the way the system works isn’t it?

No comments: