Friday, March 09, 2007

Pssst! Wanna Buy a Book?

Today was 11 hours of gallivanting and shopping.

The most fun and interesting thing we did were to go the library book sale at a big building at the Cobb County Fairgrounds. We spent over two hours there. It is interesting to watch the people who came to this book sale. They were a quiet bunch… no fights or anything, like a one day sale at Macy’s. Many people filled big boxes of books they bought. The hardbound books were a buck each.

We bought ten or eleven books. I got LINCOLN and 1876 by Gore Vidal; LIES AND THE LYING LIARS WHO TELL THEM by Al Franklin; and THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON by Stephen King. I also gathered up about 20 comic books that I thought would probably be a quarter each (paperbacks were a quarter and 50¢) but they were a buck each so I put them back.

Anna will have the books she bought read in no time. As slow as I read I will even have less hair (but more gray) when I finish. For now, I guess I’ll just add them to my stack of unread books in the basement.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I have a special bookcase in my bedroom - three shelves - all holding books I haven't read yet. I keep adding to it, so I may never get around to reading them all....LOL

Eddie said...

I systematically work on my pile, but I also systematically add more to it. I seem to add more than I subtract.