Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Past Weekend Dingleberries


Saturday:

Willow loves to lie on our bedroom floor with her head under the bed. I think she is going back to her primal instinct of cave dwelling. She visits her make-believe-cave two or three times a day.

I did a post on her head under the head cave-dwelling habits months ago.

Our son Adam came by Saturday to work on our computer. We couldn’t get the printer to work and tried everything we know. It took Adam about 2 minutes to have it printing as it should be.

He also did a couple other things concerning the computers while he was here; making adjustments and this and that.

Willow is crazy about Adam. She reminds me of a little girl showing off tap dancing each time Adam is in her presence. Sometimes a good petting from him will relax her; that is all she wanted anyway, just a little Adam attention.

Saturday Adam was deep in his work I left the room and went to our bedroom for something. And there was Willow with her head under the bed. It doesn’t matter what is going on or who is there, Willow demands her cave-dwelling time.

And I already posted our stroll in downtown Marietta.

Sunday:

We try to monitor our heart rate routinely. We have a little heart rate monitor that you strap around your wrist like a wristwatch and it tells you the figures, including your pulse.

But how do we know it is right?

There is one way to find out. The Cobb County Fire Department will check your heart rate with their professional equipment. It is free. All you have to do is drop by a fire station.

Sunday, on the way to Blockbuster I thought I would drop by the Fire Department, which was on my way. I walked up to a door and tried to open it. It was locked. I walked away, wondering what to do. I looked back to see if there were any more walk-in size doors and no, only big doors for fire trucks, but I did see a button on the wall beside the door handle. I went back and pressed the button.

A young man in blue came and opened the door. I asked if they do blood pressure and he said yes. He was very cordial. He reached into a drawer of a desk by the door and got the heart-stuff he needed. He had to take it several times, and even had to swap my arms to get an accurate reading. Then I put on my wrist blood pressure gadget and turned it on to compare. The bottom number was exact but the top number was about 16 points off. … hmmmm. Now what?

I thanked him and left.

I was thinking about ringing the door-button again and say, “lets try that again to make sure!” But, I don’t want to make a pest of myself. I’ll return again soon.

I went on to Blockbuster. I was on a mission. I wanted to check out A SERIOUS MAN which is a Joel & Ethan Coen movie.

My routine at Blockbuster is that I turn right as soon as I enter and start at the last letter of the alphabet on display of the new DVDs and work my way backwards.. I found a section for A SERIOUS MAN and all the DVDs were gone.

I kept on going my way, backwards. Half way up through I came across A SERIOUS MAN again. This time about half the DVD little cases were there. Hmmm. What they did was put the movie in the S section for the “Serious” and again in the M section for “Man”. I didn’t go all the way back to A, but they might have had a section for the movie there too. Note, that where it should have been there were none left. But misfiled in the M section about half were left. People went to a certain section and looked for it and found it. That is why I think one section had several and the other section had none.

We have been keeping up with the Coen Brothers fans ever since OH BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? They make good movies. I think you would have to watch there movies over and over, maybe with a group of people to make sure nothing slipped by, and tell what you got from different scenes to get the most out of it.

They also did FARGO, which I thought was great and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, which I thought wasn’t so great.

A SERIOUS MAN is about a wimpy little guy who is very much part of a town’s Jewish community and traditions surrounding their religion. It seemed that the little wimp was predestined to be a wimp or a sad sack. All the cards were stacked against him… it was even expected for him to pay the expenses of his wife’s boyfriend’s funeral because the late boy friend’s money was tied up in probate. Being, non-Jewish I don’t think I got the full value appreciation of the movie. I needed a group around me to point things out that were flying over my head.