Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nell H. Vickrey (c1913 - 2010)


My old math teacher, Mrs. Vickrey died Friday, February 12, 2010, at age 97.

At one period of my life she was a major force. I will always remember her. And I know she always remembered me since she taught me (a long story why). In going through the yearbooks, THE OLYMPIAN, I have looked at the pictures of many teachers. Some I know were my teachers, and some I am not sure, some of the teachers blended into one. I remember Mrs. Vickrey well.

She was a good lady.

2 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

I know that probably all of favorite teachers from elem/mid/high school are all gone now - most of them were already in their late 50's and 60's 'back in the day'...I feel they were a special breed. Not that I have any complaints about my most current instructors - it's just that the older-era teachers were different.

Eddie said...

Debobrah,

You are right, they were a breed of their own... and often hybrid.