Wednesday, April 19, 2023

My Hero

or years the Marietta Post Office had a Postmaster who I think considered himself a lady’s man. Whenever he got to chat with a good looking female employee, he did. Every time I drive down a certain street it reminds me of a certain good looking female rural route carrier that lived on that street. One time the postmaster, while walking around one of the offices one morning he walked by the female carrier sorting mail at her case. He started talking to her. In the middle of his sentence she walked off to pickup another bundle to sort. She continue to sort and he continue to chat. Again, in the middle of his sentence, she walked off to hand off the missorted mail she had. He said, “Young lady you are making it very hard for me o be friendly with you.” And she quickly snapped back saying, “Then don’t!” (me clapping)

No comments: