Friday, April 07, 2023

Be Efficient! Chop Chop!

I used this same picture for another post already. But the same picture can be used for another story. I’ll just pay myself twice for the same picture…. Yeah, right. As I already said, back in the 40s th building on the left was Sears & Roebuck. The center was Marietta Provision, and the building on the right was Western Auto. The cent er building, Marietta Provision, was a butcher shop. In future years I would become an in-law to the owner’s son the late Lamar. In Lamar teen years he was a butcher apprentice for his parents. One day, Lamar accidentally cut a finger off. His parents had the finger pickled and hung in a clear container above a door in the shop, to remind Lamar of his accident so he would not repeat it. Loving, righr?

No comments: