Sunday, April 23, 2023

Gas Truck Diver Caught on Fire

Because I am getting up in age, I am trying to put into print my memories, good or bad. Here is a bad one: When I worked in Sinclair Refining warehouse in Atlanta our office scheduled and managed gasoline deliveries to the Atlanta area. I think we had 3 to 5 gasoline truck drivers; at least 2 in the day and one in the evening/night. Our night truck driver was a little humble polite guy, his last name was Partain. He seemed shy, but always agreeable. One time, he was working in the morning. I forgot if we were short of people or what. His job one morning to pump the gasoline out of a closed station. Something went wrong. I don’t know what. Partain caught afire. The Shoney’s restaurant next door, the breakfast people saw him running across the parking lot on fire. He died.

No comments: