Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Junebug's Cough Translated

Recently the TV reality show of musical auditions THE VOICE has got a lot of mileage playing over and over Blake covering his mouth and pretending to be clearing his throat but actually saying, "BULLCRAP!" Blake's imitation cough to deliver a message of blended words reminds me a person I worked with at the post office that I will call Junebug. Junebug was a strange character to say the least. He worked beside me on Window Service for the 2 or 3 years I worked the window. Sometimes when he waited on a person and he found them, say intriguing he would do the imitation cough thing and run his words quickly together. Most people didn't understand or thought he was actually clearing his throat. One lady didn't. Junebug (hands over mouth): igotabigdick,wanttosuckit? Lady (eyes popped opened wide, looking inflamed): Pardon me? Junebug: I was just clearing my throat (mumbling) . Lady: No, you said something not nice, what was it? Junebug: I was just clearing my throat. Lady: What did you say? Junebug: (face red) Nothing, just clearing my throat! Lady: I want to speak to your supervisor (Junebug cleared his throat to the wrong lady). Supervisor: May I help you? They went into the office. A little while later the lady emerged and walked out glaring at Junebug. I think the supervisor defended Junebug. Nothing was said. Oh, did I mention that Junebug's father was a big shot in the Postal Service?

No comments: