Friday, April 17, 2020

Don And NYC


The Empire State Building is growing out of Don's head.  


Don at Times Square

Don at Guggenheim Museum taking a picture of me, and me likewise.


Of my Navy friends, now 55 years later, the two that are still lingering as good friends are Don Lash and Rueben Collier.

Don is from Chicago and still lives in the Chicago area.  He was as fascinated with New York City as I was.  We are lucky we were not mugged and tossed into the East River.

After Don left active duty a couple months after I did, he went back to working in the Want Ads of The Chicago Tribune and college.  He got his degree and became a professor and became a commissioned Naval Officer.  Then sometime in his late years he had a stroke and was in a coma for  time.  When he awoke he had lost most of his vision.

During the same period I had a heart attack and s few years later a stroke.  Lets face it, now we are old.

No comments: