Saturday, April 18, 2020

Carmel, NY

Don Lash and my first cousins Billy an Rodney in Roy's living room.



Me hamming it up as a corpse at a car turnover scene in Carmel, NY.  What you don't see, on the other side of the road is a lake which is actually the NYC Water Reservoir and the road around it is very curvy and mountainous.  Just have this picture was taken a car sped around the curves and dodged us but hit their dog.  It slicked his tail off.  The car kept on going.


I am hamming it up again, this time at Clearpool Camp.  I am an Indian Chief and my two cousins.  Notice the dog is tailess (this was taken about 6 months later).


My uncle Roy Petty, my mother's brother, lived in Carmel, NY, about 60 miles north of the City.  We visited him every other month or so.  He was chairman of the Heinz Foundation and ran Clearpool Camp, a camp for troubled boys in the summer time.  He was also a hero on D-Day.  He went bananas and shot a tremendous amount of Nazis.  He is written up in at the two books, THE LONGEST DAY and RUDDER'S RANGERS and was also asked to stand up every year of the ED SULLIVAN SHOW. 



No comments: