Tuesday, October 03, 2017





In August we went to Alaska.  We took pictures.  Several people we know went to Alaska and made photo albums of their trips.   We did too, with a company named Shutterfly.
While selecting and assembling the album we came across a few challenges.
One challenge was when we linked up with the unit that uploaded the pictures something went wrong and over 17,000 of our photos were uploaded to Shutterfly.   Apparently, the same force got into my external hard drive and uploaded them also.
 Talking to the help desk times it appeared to be no problem with them.   After all, they offer free photo storage anyway.
But it wasn't OK with us.
Over this past week, off and on, we deleted the 17 thousand plus pictures.
It was a grueling trip down memory lane.  It was like my life was about to end and everything in my life was flashing in front of me.
Some of the pictures were good and some of them were bad: ill-targeted pictures and too many picture of the same subject from every angle and on and on.
I decided to go though those 17,000 plus photos and delete some of them to avoid confusion after I am gone.  
Who knows, I might even be able to whittle that electronic pile down to 16, 975!
I came across a few I don't remember ever posting them, so look for them.  It gives me something to talk about just about the time I thought my well has ran dry. 

 For instance, I like the composure of these flying seabirds (gulls?) on the beach a rock's throw from the famous Kitty Hawk dunes where the Wright Brothers tried out their flying machine.


No comments: