Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Big Family Gets Bigger & Bigger



The above picture was taken about 1944 of the Marietta Hunter family. That is me in the right front, the little kid sprawled out in front of my daddy, the man with the dark policeman’s uniform on.

On the right is my grandfather and my sister. I point out my grandfather because then I thought everybody else in the picture worked for him and me.

The picture is blurred but I can just about name everybody in the picture.

And time moved on and we have the below pictures taken in about 1979 or 1980. Again, it is the Hunters of Marietta, only multiplied. I am near the front in a ball cap. I doubt if I know half the people there.



Click to enlarge

That was close to 30 years ago. A lot of the young people in the pictures have grown to adulthood and had children of their own by now. Now, I doubt if I could recognize 25% of the family, even though I have them indexed on my genealogy programs…. And being invisible like I am, I bet less than 20% know me.

Big Wheel Keeps on Rolling…rolling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ET,

I think the pics are a little later - maybe '82. I see our cousin Mitch sitting in his mom Nancy's lap - and I am pretty sure his baby sister Missy is sitting my Dad's lap. She was born in August '81 - so I bet this was the June '82 reunion (we did have them in June - I think). Its funny - I can remember most of the adults by face, but the kids have me clueless for the most part - and I was one of the kids!

Eddie said...

John,
I am completely clueless. I was doing good until about the 5th or 6th child of the Dick and Jeannette Hunter family... then everything started to blend.

I'm sure you are right about the '82 date. The only thing I based it on was that Rocky is in the picture but I don't see Adam and Adam was born in '79.
In '82 he was three years old, about knee high, so he was probably behind everybody wandering around.