Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trash or Treasure


I love to clean out my old drawers in this house. Well, actually, I hate to keep them neat, and I pile things on top of things and then forget what I have underneath – then out of sight out of mind.

That is why it is fun to clean out my old drawers. I come across treasures that I forgot completely about.

Today I came across a bunch of comics; 2 MAD artists paperbacks; a group of Historical Cobb County sites that was sketched, not photographed; and letters and postcards to and from Anna’s relatives before I was even born..

And Lookie! Also I found the above picture of a street car that traveled back and forth between Marietta and Atlanta. I think that is the old Cobb County Courthouse in the background.

You know what they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasures.

2 comments:

kenju said...

That one is definitely a treasure. If you have a county historian, he or she would surely relish having that one!

Eddie said...

Judy,
It is a fairly well-known picture in most of the books that talk about old Marietta or Cobb.... I just forgot I had a copy of it.