Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Interesting Painting


This was done by my mother's late brother William "Bill" Leroy "Roy" "L-Rod" Petty.

My old slide of it, caked with mold and other fragments pretty much clung for their lives when I tried to clean it off some.

And I didn't realize it but I had the camera slightly tilted.

But, now it is what is is.

We called him "Roy". He was a war hero in WWII on D-Day in Normandy. His fellow rangers called him "L-Rod". His friends, neighbors, and business associates called him "Bill".

And of course his two sons called him "Dad".

4 comments:

kenju said...

He had some talent.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Yes he did.
He also was director of a disadvantaged kids camp in Carmel, NY, which was funded by the Heinz Foundation, which he was head of.
More than once he stood up in the audience on the Ed Sullivan Show for his D-Day heroic actions.

Deb Goodrich said...

This is wonderful! He really was talented! Did you get any of that ability?

Eddie said...

Deb,

No, unfortunately no way.

I love art and photos and I came to terms long ago that all artists are not artists if they don't have anyone to appreciate their work. That is my place in the art world, to appreciate others' art.
I serve a need.