Friday, January 11, 2008

We Know Them - But They Don't Know Us


Our son Rocky and his girlfriend Sabrina gave us four restaurant gift cards for our anniversary. One for every ten years.

Today we were used one, which was Vermont Mustard Company, which is an upscale sandwich shop with a new twist. The owner's elderly mother served as hostess and conversationalist. The sandwiches were delicious.

As we were eating three young men came in. I recognized them immediately. They work in the same company Rocky works at, and Sabrina did.

I told Anna who I thought they were and looked up and agreed. It was them alright.

We never met them. But they have been in pictures on Rocky’s blog many times at the group’s many little after-work parties.

We didn’t want to make fools of ourselves, so we just sat in awe and watched them – it was like looking at movie stars in person doing something ordinary.

4 comments:

kenju said...

You should have said something - it would have freaked them out....
LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
I wanted to - but Anna didn't want me to.

Deborah Wilson said...

lol - too funny!

I'm with Anna, I probably wouldn't have said anything either - maybe......

(the pic of her grandfather below is cool)

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Anna and you are probably wiser. After you tell them who you are - then what?