Sunday, January 06, 2008

Phil'er Up!


Doctor Phil decided to take on Britney Spears. It is undecided if her mother lined up the session for her daughter’s well being or for the bucks. Of course, it goes without saying that Dr. Phil was trying to look out for Britney’s mental stability. The fact that his rating would surely take a leap upward, of course, is immaterial.

It has been reported on the news during their session (first of more?) Britney ordered Doctor Phil out of the room and when he refused she left.

Why should Doctor Phil have the exclusive franchise of curing Britney. Maybe Jerry Springer could get it on it too, to help heal, of course… maybe bring in Britney’s ex-husband for a few days (Jason Alexander) and maybe Kevin Ferderline – and have plenty of light weight folding chairs – for the folks to sit on of course – and hey! There is always Family Feud.

7 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

Hmm.

Okay, I'll probably watch it. I'm shameless like that.

Eddie said...

TCOT,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I just left yours. It is very organized and you probably have more visitors than you realize. Counters that count visitors are free, but I think I like it better when I do not look at the number of visitors.... I am more interested in where they came from.

kenju said...

It is definitely a Jerry Springer moment. I think less of Dr. Phil for taking her on his show (which I never watch). I used to like Dr. Phil when he was only on Oprah, but a daily dose of him? Too much misery for me.

I care so little about Britney that it wouldn't even register in my brain.

Eddie said...

Judy,
When Dr. Phil started coming on at 5pm every weekday here, I switched to another station to watch the local news.... to me he has a whole lot of negativism bottled up.

janie said...

I agree with you 100%!

I can't imagine giving an hour of my time to such nonsense.

What kind of mother does that poor girl have, anyway. I would be scratching his eyes out, were he within a mile of my child!

Suzanne said...

Wow, I think ordering Dr. Phil out of her room is the smartest thing Brit has done in at least a year.

Deborah Wilson said...

My question is why do celebrities constantly display their private lives in public? A more serious question may be why does the news media constantly hop on every word they say, rushing it to print, or televise every thing they do, as if it is a crucial news flash?

I think the true answer lies somewhere between a desperate attempt for attention (Britney), news ratings (media) and 'cool' associations (a questionable percentage of the ones who constantly align with them, especially in troubled and/or news-making times).

I reserve any comments on young celebrities - I just feel that some things in life should be kept private and out of the public eye. My thoughts are that someday her children will read about all of this and I wonder how it will affect them?

If Britney were my daughter, she would not be on Doc Phil's show...I would feel that would be exploitation of my girl.