Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Overheard


Overheard at large nation-wide membership-only discount style store:

Lady behind the service counter: You can get a membership by being a member of the Arm Services; work for the federal government, work for a contractor of the federal government; if you are a teacher; if you are in county government; city government; state government; if you work for a non-profit agency; and we have a special organization that if you don’t qualify in any I named, you can be a member in the special organization (saying in an irritated tone).

Potential member on the other side of the counter: But how do I prove I don’t belong to any of those you named so that I can become a member of the special one?

As I walked by I could hear frustrated steam shoot out of the nostrils of the lady behind the service counter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am glad that I do not have her job.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I'm glad I don't either... I would have have been fired within just a couple of days for being "disruptive rude"

Suzanne said...

The problem with me is that I usually am not rude out loud and have a seething dialog running through my head and lots of pent up frustration. Not that being rude is OK either, but unless it leads to someone punching you out, it's probably healthier in the long run.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
For health reasons, after it is all over I spout off what "I should have said"... that's okay, we'll live longer.