Friday, August 25, 2006

Trip?

There is a possibility my wife may have to go on business to a town between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, in late October. The town it is in, Arlington, Texas, I think, also has 6 Flags Over Texas there.

It looks like it is a two-day meeting. Which when travel time is added it is about 4 days away.

Now, the question is, should I or should I not go?

What would I do? I could visit all the cemeteries in the area. Some of my Hunters, Pettys, Trammells, and Tysons relatives moved to the area in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Or I could visit live Pettys, Trammells, and Tysons still living in the area – but sometimes these visits just end up with you and them just staring at one another.

Note – If you have a sharp eye you will see that I mentioned the Hunters moving there but said nothing about the Hunters still living in the area. That is because the ones I know about moved back to Georgia in 1879 – but that is a long story.

We would probably have to rent a car. I think there will be a shuttle transporting her bunch from the motel to the meeting place but is a shuttle going to come back at lunch and drive slowly down the road looking for a decent place to eat?

On the map and doesn’t look no further than ten or fifteen miles from Dallas. I might just go into Dallas and look up the Book Depository and the famous Grassy Knoll and poke around and see if I can find something the officials overlooked. Maybe a match cover with Jack Ruby’s is on the Grassy Knoll and everybody else overlooked it over the past 43 years.

Maybe I can look at the Warren Commission and see who all were the witnesses of that terrible day and look the ones still living I can visit them and sort of “lean of them” to find out what really happened and who is covering up.

I know, I’ll find a witness that I think is lying and tie that person up and tell them old corny one liner jokes until they crack and can’t stand it anymore and then tell me what really happened.

Or I could go sit on a bench at 6 Flags Over Texas both days and not speak to strangers until Anna gets off .

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think you should go. And I love all of your goofy plans.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Goofy?

kenju said...

Sounds like fun, Eddie. I'd go, if I were you. But I would speak to strangers - it might get you some blog fodder!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I am not sure. I think I we will rent a car, but it will be for Anna's use to go back and forth to the meetings, so I will be limited to however far I can walk.
The two or three evenings might be enjoyable.
In the day time I could use the time for catch up reading - which I have done before, but usually the maids kick me out of the room so they can clean.

Button Gwinnett said...

If you're the kind of person that likes a good road trip, I'm sure you'll have fun. Plus you might be able to swing an extra day or two there so that you two can do something else.

It's funny, but I used to help geneologists with their research, it seems a lot of southwest Georgians moved to Texas early on, with many coming back. This includes the Alday family of Seminole County - which unfortunately had almost an entire branch murdered one night in the early 70's.

Eddie said...

Button,
That seems to have happen a lot. Families would go to the Southwest, then those or their future generations return to their homelands.
I remember the tragic of the Alday family. I think one of the later generations was recently killed in Iraq.
One of the accused killers on Death row, I think is still there (alive), somehow I related him to one of the my family's surnames - Potts I think.

Eddie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eddie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Get over to Dealy Plaza. Its unforgettable.

Eddie said...

That is Dealy and not Deadly?

Suzanne said...

I like that there are shennanigans involved in what you laid out, is what I am saying. I think it will be good times. Good times also make for great blog reading!