Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lets see... Where was I?

Let me see …. Where was I?

Today I had a physical exam. It was a Medicare thing. Medicare encourages you to get a physical within your first six months.

I think other than the body fluids they squeezed out of my body, all seemed to be okay. The blood test and urine sample I won’t know the results for a few days. The doctor said my heart and lungs were doing great.

One problem I think the male patients of this office have surely all had during their physical, but none wanted to tell anybody of authority was the urine sample arrangement. The commode lid would not stay up on its own. So you have to hold it. If you hold the lid with one had and have the sample cup your other hand, well, isn't a 3rd hand needed?

One minor discovery that took me by surprise was that I lost ¾ of an inch since the last time my height was officially measured. The only advantage I can see to this is that sometime in the future I will be able go into a stall in a public restroom by just walking under the partition without having to open the door.

But who is going to lift me up?

11 comments:

kenju said...

Too funny! I have lost 7/8" and mr. kenju has lost an inch too. He refused to believe it, but I re-measured and he had to see it was true. Isn't Medicare great?

Eddie said...

Judy,
Well, no more pretending I am a tall person. The nurse said next year I'll be shorter.
Oh Judy, not that you missed any great literature or insight or anything, but I added another paragraph since you left your comment - about giving my urine sample.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back "big guy"

Eddie said...

Steve,
Thanks.
Because I am basically a recluse, I need to recluse myself every once and a while.

Suzanne said...

Hurray! I am also glad to have you back, and the urine sample story was a nice bonus. I do love stories about various blody fluids...

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Thanks.
It is nice to be back.
I just needed a breather ... I felt guilty churning out volumes of tastless unqualiity work.

kenju said...

I refreshed the page - and I still do not see anything about a urine sample. Where did it go?

Suzanne said...

I would not say it was not quality, but I can definitely understand needing to take a break!

Button Gwinnett said...

I can't read your body fluid blog right now. I'll have to come back to it later. I'm about to take an early lunch. ;-)

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Everybody needs to take a breather now and then.

Eddie said...

Button,
Well make sure everything is digested before you continue to read, or have a bucket near by.