Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Golden Horn - Revisited


Photo by Rocky Hunter

This morning we were looking at the pictures on Rocky’s blog he took in and around the High Museum in Atlanta yesterday.

When the above house materialized Anna asked wasn’t that where I went to the Beatnik Coffee House when I was a teenager. It took me a second to refocus on it, because the front door and big window have been replaced by a double set of garage doors – but that is it!

On March 29, 2006, I wrote a blog entry on our beatnik experience in a coffee house that was there on the sidewalk level of that building and how I almost became a slab of meat in their cooler in 1959 or 1960. Back then it was called “The Golden Horn”

Man….. you dig?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im snapping my fingers over the chess board. Let me adjust my beret before i put on my Dave Brubeck record and pour another cup of coffee.

Anonymous said...

...I forgot to tell you I stroked my goatee

Eddie said...

Cool.

Suzanne said...

Was any Allan Ginsberg involved?

Eddie said...

Yeah, I saw Allen eating Lunch there. Jack Kerovac was outside, ON THE STREET.

Suzanne said...

Really? Wow, that is very hep, cat! I dig it.

Eddie said...

I think I'll thoughtfully stroke my goatee and maybe think of some disjointed poetry that is too deep for everyone but me.