Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Passion of Mel

Normally I don’t keep up with big name stars’ personal lives. If a star wants to make a fool out of him or herself while drunk, that is their business.

But in the case of Mel Gibson I think some Karma humble pie was in order.

I have not seen Mel Gibson’s movie The Passion of Christ. So, I don’t suppose I can rightly criticize it. I do know it was almost required viewing for Southern Baptists. I heard many of them say every body must see it – it would open their eyes.

Open their eyes to what? That Mel Gibson is a good movie maker? If he portrayed anything that was not in the pages of the New Testament then it was only his artistic touch or his opinion – In that case the movie was not fact based - so, why should everybody see his movie?

I understand from articles and people that have seen it that it shows the Jews to be mean, cruel, self-centered people. From what I understand Mel strayed from the Bible a lot to show his beliefs which doesn’t concur with the pages in the Bible.

And of course we Gentiles aren’t mean, cruel, hateful, or self-centered. We are gentle, as our name implies… but how did we end up controlling the New World and owning human servants (slaves) with our gentle passive ways?

4 comments:

kenju said...

Kinda hit the nail on the head there, Eddie. None of us are saints, either now or in the past.

Eddie said...

It is kinda like "The religion without sin cast the first stone."

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I think Mel has some problems with the sauce and I dont mean spaghetti, if you know what i mean and i think you do!

Eddie said...

Steve,
gotcha!