Monday, October 24, 2022

You Are "It"!

Yesterday we met Adam, Savvy, and Savvy’s family at a Vietnam Restaurant in Smyrna. We enjoyed the company and the food. The restaurant is in the corner of what was Belmont Hills Shopping Center parking lot. I think we ate in the same room before, several years ago, then it was a European Restaurant. Then the room was much bigger with more murals on the wall, and I think the ceiling was even higher. We arrived 20 minutes too early. It probably would have been about 60 minutes too early if we didn’t get tied up in several bumper to bumper traffic snarls in downtown Marietta. That is why we always leave early. So, there we were with about 20 minutes to kill. We sat in the car and watched people pass by. Two men walking on the sidewalk got my attention. One was short and stout and the other one was tall and slim. They looked European. I did not see them smile or speak. They looked like they were on a mission. They walked into each eating and drinking establishments and leave. At one eatery, apparently they had a party going on on top of the building. People kept coming and going on the outside stairs. The two men I was keeping my eyes on also checked the top of the building. Whoever they were looking for apparently wasn’t there. I think they kept on checking places out of my view. Of course I don’t know, but they looked like two muscle men of a Godfather, of sorts, looking for one of their boss’s “customers” who might be in debt to him. Either that or maybe they were “Hide & Seek, Adult Style.”

No comments: