Thursday, October 20, 2022

whoopee! Saved!

At Krogers today I was next in the cashier’s line. In front of me being taken care of was a young man, probably in his early 20s watching item per item the cashier did her job. He had a big assortment of mostly junk food. Then another young man broke in front of me and said “Excuse me!” He had an armload of more junk food that he dumped on the pile of unchecked-in goodies. The newer person ripped open a pack of cookies and asked me did I want a cookie. “No thanks.” I said. He bit into one and said they have chocolate chips and nuts, and said “MMMM!” His partner was still following the cashier’s movements, ring by ring. I figured they were college students, setting up housekeeping together, and pinching pennies. Also, they reminded me of the move/TV series “THE ODD COUPLE”. Then the one that spoke to me ripped open a bag of potato chips and held them out to me. I shook my head. He asked what kind of potato chips” do you like?” As I was digging deep in my mind to think of a brand name of potato chips that would be witty and shocking, but the only thing I could think of was VooDoo chips, the cashier on the next aisle told me she was caught up, I could bring my stuff over to her. Whoopee! Saved!

No comments: