Friday, October 07, 2022

All's is almost Good

This morning while walking in the neighborhood I fell again. I hit the ground with as much impact as if a group of gangsters threw me with force from the 10th floor of a building. Luckily, I hit the ground covered with pine straw rather than the street pavement about a foot away. I felt I was going to fall and actually guided my fall away from the street towards the ground but did not quiet reach the speed sign post I was aiming for. I was hoping to reach the sign post so, I could pull myself up but instead I had to wiggle and scoot like a turtle on its back. But once at the post I still could not pull myself up. Then a red car rode by. He stopped at the stop sign just a few yards away. And the car just sat there a few moments. He rolled down his window and asked did I need any help. In one word, I said, “You are darn tooting!”. He got out and came over. He was a young guy probably in his early 20s. He pulled me up to my feet. I thanked him and went back to his car and waited until he saw me walking fairly good before he drove off. Nice guy. When I got home Anna suggested I use our treadmill in the basement. Nothing hurts but my left shoulder when I swing it. All’s well that ends Well.

No comments: